- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the OPFOPD-00176118-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the OPFOPD-00176118-US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Continue".
- At the "Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S Firmware Update" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Firmware Updater" screen, read the caution information, then click "Yes" to continue.
- At the "Firmware Updater" screen, confirm the firmware version, and then click "Flash" to start the update.
- At the "Update Completed" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Optiarc™ BD-ROM BC-5500S Firmware Update is completed.